Monday, November 24, 2014

AUSSIE HERO QUILT

This project has been keeping me out of trouble lately, I have been doing an Aussie Hero quilt over the last couple of weekends.  This one is for a female and her request was for something "Blue".  I am doing a "quilt as you go" quilt, this is my first and I am very happy with my progress so far.  The "quilt as you go" method is from Sue at I Purr-Furr to Craft .  I had a large collection of off cuts of batting from making quilts, this is a very handy way of using the batting left overs.
 

I decided to make a "Disappearing 9 patch" quilt, after joining the 6-1/2" squares to make the 9 patch, above is after I have cut them into 4. 


Here are some of the blocks quilted. They now have the batting and backing on them here.


Here are some of the blocks sewn together with home made bias binding.

Happy Monday everyone.

Cheers
Kaylee

2 comments:

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...