Tuesday, August 21, 2018

BIRTHDAY SWAPS

The last couple years Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches and I have done Birthday swaps.  Anthea's Birthday is in March and mine is in September.  Anthea came up with the suggestion for this year that we swap for both in July and make each other a large pin cushion and some extras.

This is what I received from Anthea, my lovely big pin cushion, 3fat quarters by Bonnie & Camille, quilting pins and a Thimble blossoms pin. I love my B & C fabrics.


                                    I wasted no time putting pins in my new pin cushion

To show you the size, I have taken a photo of my old and new pin cushions, the old one is now in the bin. Thank you Anthea, another great Birthday swap, looking forward to next year.

These are the gifts I sent to Anthea, I purchased all of Anthea's gifts through my travels in Japan back in April. The gorgeous card came from Kyoto.

I made the pin cushion with Japanese fabrics as well, to show the size I have taken a photo of it next to a roll of masking tape (Washi Tape)

                                        The owl coaster and little note pad are from Nara

 The masking tape is from Kurashiki, a shop full of Masking tape, so hard to choose
                                      


                                               These fabric scraps came from Takayama                                                                                   

                                             These gorgeous fabrics came from Osaka

      This beautiful piece of Kimono silk came from Kyoto from the Nishijin Textile Company
                                                                                     
These 2 fat quarters are from Tempozan, Osaka

                           
                                                  This piece also is from Nippori


                                                                          Cheers
                                                                          Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts sent and received Kaylee. The Japanese make such quality items xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swap is a wonderful idea, the fabrics swapped are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts from both of you! Japanese fabric patterns are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...