Thursday, January 26, 2017

AUSTRALIA DAY 2017 AND BLOG SWAP




HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY my bloggy friends, I am a very proud white Australian and love Australia Day on 26th January every year.  I hope you're all enjoying the day.  I will be making some Damper soon, that's my tradition on Australia Day......

The lovely Anthea, my long time blog friend over at Hibiscus Stitches organised her very first swap, I was very happy to participate in Anthea's first Australia Day Swap. The criteria of the swap was to send 5 items each starting with a letter from  A U S T R A L I A, we were to include the Australian Flag in one of the items. 

I received my parcel from the lovely Sue over at Kiwikids page, as it turns out Sue is also a bloggy friend of mine...... LOL what are the odds...

Australian flag serviettes... Large table mats... Australian fabric (about 20 pieces in different sizes)
Silly sunglasses, Sue's request also included a ... photo required please, yes I did do this.....
Australian designed fabric bag (a little dilly bag)


Funny photo with silly sunglases
      

 I sent my parcel to Julie over at Jewells, I sent Julie the following items...

Soap (Australian made).... Tea leaves in a tin from T2... Red buttons (various)... Australian fabric incoporating the Australian flag made into a mug rug.... Lace doily


Thank you Anthea for organising this swap, it was loads of fun, looking forward to the swap again in
                                                                          2018.


Cheers
Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. What a really fun swap. Great gifts sent and recieved xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being such a good sport and having your photo taken!! It was fun gathering/making the gifts and also receiving.

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...