Monday, March 4, 2013

KNEE OPERATION

                                                                        

It all began over the Christmas/New Year holidays, I woke one day and my right knee was a little sore, it gradually got worse during the day so I took a Mobic (anti inflammatory) for 5 days and the pain was gone, one and a half days later the pain came back so I repeated this process twice more, I couldn't understand why the pain kept coming back until eventually the tablets weren't working. Finally I decided to go to the Dr after a weekend of pain and only getting approx 8 hours sleep over a 48 hour period. The Dr sent me for blood tests and an xray, two days later I walked up town during my lunch break to do a job and on the way back I could barely make it back to the office, I was in excruiating pain, I was lucky if I got 3 hours sleep that night. The pain was so bad it brought me to tears on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The following morning I didn't go to work and I was seeing the Dr for my test results, xray clear, blood tests showed an elevated level in uric acid so the Dr said "you have gout" which is a first for me and I hope NEVER again might I add, the Dr put me on gout medication, now usually you only need to take 10 tablets and it is cleared, well I saw the Dr a week later and still had the pain though of course not nearly as bad, he told me to keep taking the gout medication and meanwhile 22 tablets later I still had pain. So another trip back to the Dr which brings us to Monday of last week (25 February) and he suspected I might have a tear in my cartlidge, so this time he sent me for blood tests and an MRI. Thursday morning and another trip to the Dr for the results, yes I have a torn medial meniscus (my right knee cartlidge). So I saw the Orthopaedic surgeon this morning and I am having an operation on Tuesday 26 March, I really don't want to but the pain is at an unacceptable level for me to put up with indefinately and considering I have had the pain now for
10-11 weeks and another 3 weeks before the operation, that's enough pain for me for now.

Cheers
Kaylee

7 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing Kaylee. I hope it gets sorted and you get some relief.
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - Michelle sent me over - so I am sending you a cyber hug. I hope your operation goes well and you get back on your feet quickly. Are you still off work?? I hope so considering how far you have to travel to work. (Funny - I have a 20 yr old daughter called Rebecca - only for a week or so and then she will be 21.)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kaylee,

    Best wishes, if your were a AFL player you would be straight in and done.Hope everything goes well for you.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaylee, wishing you the best of luck, as if the gout wasn't bad enough without the cartilage tear.
    I hope you are free from pain again soon.Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaylee. I can see what Michelle means, you poor thing. You have been given the run around. Operations are daunting but just think of the pain relief and all the sewing you can do while recovering. Best wishes. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kaylee how awful for you, yuk... what a caper it has been, the 26th can't come soon enough!
    Big Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth did you manage to tear your cartilage! At least you seem to have a good doctor. I do hope everything turns out right without too much fuss. Just make sure you follow exactly any post operation instructions for recooperating . Thinking of you,
    Hugs,
    Val

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...