Monday, February 20, 2012

LABNEH CHEESE



On Saturday I tried to make Labneh Cheese which I saw on Teresa's blog over at All Things Vintage. So far it has not set, I have used Low Fat Greek yogurt and I think this maybe the reason. I want to give it another try this weekend using full fat yogurt. I haven't bought full fat of anything in years, I only ever look at low fat products. This is the whey from the yogurt.





This is the yogurt in my colinder.



I decided to make some delicious scones from the whey.


My hubby and I enjoyed delicious home made scones and cappuccinos yesterday. Yes the cream is missing, I don't have cream in the fridge on hand and as it was a last minute decision to make the scones instead of pouring the whey down the sink we had scones and jam. They were still yummy. I have a great scone recipe my Mum gave me years ago, she uses icing sugar in place of sugar, they are so light and fluffy. Of course I knead them and roll them perfectly which makes them so yummy :-)



Cheers

Kaylee

xx

1 comment:

  1. I bought some yoghurt to try this... great to see you can use the whey is scones
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...