Tuesday, June 25, 2013

AUSSIE HERO QUILT FINISH


Some weekend sewing and machine quilting on Sunday resulted in another quilt finish for an Aussie Hero.


The recipient requested "Surfing" and colours of "Black and Yellow", I happened to have some quirky surfing fabric in my stash and made them into star blocks, you only need 15 star blocks to make a single bed quilt. I am so thrilled to have it finished and I am really happy with the result. I hope LEUT Shawn likes his quilt.


This is the back, I used half of one of the single bed quilt covers I purchased from Spotlight a few weeks back.

This is a close up of two of the blocks, the little doggie is so cute on the surf board.


I have been fully machine quilting the binding on for these quilts as it is a LOT quicker plus it will be a lot more sturdier. I use a brown zig zag stitch on the front of the quilt which adds in extra strength plus I think it gives it a nice look/finish. 

 

I also made a laundry bag using a linen tea towel for the front, the fabric on sides and back of the laundry bag is the same as I used for the backing of the quilt back.



The next project for me to tackle is a 21st memory quilt for my youngest, her birthday is1st August,  I don't think I will make the dead line but will give it my best. 

Cheers
Kaylee

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic quilt Kaylee! Love the colours, and that's such a good idea for a backing... Great binding too;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kaylee. I am sure your kindness will be really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Kaylee. Such a kind thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love It!!! Great tips too!

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...