Saturday, September 29, 2018

60TH BIRTHDAY and SURPRISE DINNER

Continuing with our big celebrations of 2018, I turned 60 last Saturday, 22nd September, 2018.  Friday I caught the train to Narangba, my bestie, Vicki collected me from the train station and we went to North Lakes where Vicki took me to lunch to a great Thai place for a lunch and we also had a yummy cocktail, after lunch we shopped for a couple of hours.


                          Our lunch, we had already started when I remember a photo...…………..

Saturday, my Birthday, Vicki came over after lunch with this gorgeous cupcake tower, the cakes were carrot cake, so delicious and moist, they also had edible stickers of "60" and "made in 1958".

I have been on a health regime and lost 5 kgs, I still enjoyed a lovely cupcake "made in 1958" with a cup of tea, so delicious.

The week before Kate said she'd booked a restaurant for dinner for 8 which included the 6 of us and my friend Vicki and her husband.  However when we arrived there were 2 tables together with seats for 20 people with balloons and little stars on the table. It was such a great surprise when our family and friends started coming through the door.

                    Kate, Rebecca and me, Rebecca acting like she's pregnant after her big meal.

My 2 besties, Vicki on the left, we went to high school together and have been friends for a very long time. Casey on my right whom I've known for around 38 years, I met Casey at Shop 21where she worked as a shop assistant in George Street, Brisbane back in 1980, not long after we moved from Rockhampton to Strathpine. We have been great friends ever since...….

Me with my gorgeous Kate who is my first born and turned 30 in March and is now pregnant with her first child and our first grandchild, so exciting..... You wouldn't know it from this photo but Kate is now 28 weeks pregnant and due mid December.  Before my Birthday we saw her last on Father's Day and she didn't have a baby bump, 3 weeks later and when I saw her Friday 21st September, I was so excited to finally see a baby bump.  She has been very lucky and has been very well and not even missed a day of work since becoming pregnant.

Our niece Lisa with her gorgeous little man, Charlie who turned 2 in August, he is just so cute and gives me cuddles all the time.

My SIL, Josh acting the fool with his pregnant belly, hahahaha.  He's so tall, to be able to get him in the photo we don't get to see the pregnant belly of the actual person who is pregnant.

                                    My lovely Birthday cake made by my gorgeous Rebecca.

It was a great night and weekend with many surprises. The balloons have been in my craft room since we came home on Monday and they are still about 1/2 inflated, I've been looking at them all week.

                                                                         Cheers
                                                                         Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous birthday celebration Kaylee, and fitting for your special '0' milestone!
    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to celebrate your milestone birthday Kaylee, looks like a great night was had by all. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday! Carrot cake is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...