Monday, January 15, 2018

ZIPPERED POUCHES for GIFTS

Happy Monday everyone, it's now 72 days till I depart Australia for my long awaited trip to Japan.

Last week I made more gifts to take with me, I found this scrap piece of fabric in my stash which had been given to me in  a bulk lot of fabric when a friends Mother passed away.  It was left overs from a dress made from this fabric so I cut it down into rectangles and came up with the four pieces to make these four zippered pouches.  I looked through my stash of zips to coordinate with the fabric and ended up with the 2 black, 1 white and 1 bright pink which really pops, I was wishing I had more pink zips in my stash. I also attached the lace which I think really sets them off nicely.  I only use this gorgeous lace on special items.  My gift giving box is now quite full, however I am going to make 2 aprons as well. One for an ex Manager's wife, she is in her 80's and I think an apron would be more useful for her rather than a zippered pouch or a Lingerie bag.  The other is for my ex "work colleague" who now lives in Tokyo and will be our tour guide for a few days on our trip.


Thank you Lord for a more pleasant day today, we have a slight breeze and the temp is much lower today.  WOW since Friday and over the weekend it was very hot in our part of Australia, we put our aircon on Friday night and it was on non-stop till 2.30pm yesterday afternoon when the change came through bringing gusty winds and sure cooled things down. Saturday I spent all day in the bedroom stitching my second block of the "Love Is" BOM by Rosalie Quinlan. I was most happy what I had achieve by the days end (this is an early morning photo), it's further along than shown in this photo.


                                                          Have a wonderful week everyone.

          Hugs
         Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely stitching Kaylee... wow the days are ticking by quickly, before your departure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zipper bags are lovley Kaylee they will make wonderful gifts. Your stitchery is beauriful too, not much tou can do on a super hot day but turn on the air con and stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. zippered mattress cover

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...