Sunday, August 27, 2017

KITCHEN TOWELS, LINGERIE BAGS AND LAUNDRY BAGS


My youngest daughter had a couple of bath towels given to her by her Grandma (my Mum) and they were not very wide so I turned them into kitchen hand towels, I actually made 6 even though there is only 4 in this photo. I could easily have made 12 out of the 2 bath towels but I decided to make each one with double the towel (2 pieces), I hope you understand what I'm trying to say......

I used the same fabric on all 6 of them, very happy with the end result.


I found these very old buttons in my stash, they were perfect for this project and very cheap too.....


I also made a couple more Lingerie bags during the week, I love this design and I'm getting quite quick at making them now. I've been making them all for gifts and hadn't made one for me (still haven't) or my girls, so decided this past week to make one each for my girls.

                                              This one is for Rebecca (youngest daughter).


                                                 and this one is for Kate (oldest daughter)


I was sewing in my craft room every day last week and very happy with my finishes. I also made 3 laundry bags for "dirty" laundry when travelling. These were quick and easy to make, I'll make some more of these for gifts too.

                                                      This one is for Rebecca.


                                                         This butterfly one is for Kate


...... and this one is for me, as you can see I added a touch of my favourite colour - red.....


A very productive week and feeling quite chuffed with my achievements, we're heading up to Kate's next weekend to help her pack up the house, they have purchased another home, moving date is last weekend of September.  I'm going to give Kate and Rebecca their Lingerie Bag and Laundry Bag
next weekend.  The only person not receiving any gifts will be me, I love seeing the look on their faces when I give them something, especially something I've made.....


Aussie Hero Sewing - I made these 3 laundry bags for HMAS Darwin, around 4-5 weeks ago. HMAS Darwin is being decommissioned later this year and Jan-Maree wanted to give every single person on the ship a special souvenir laundry bag they could get signatures on to keep as a memento of their service on HMAS Darwin, that's the reason they are a plain colour.   I was saving the post till they were presented to the personnel which happened during the week.  



That's all from me for now.  I hope you've all enjoyed a lovely weekend. Looking forward to Spring soon.

Cheers
Kaylee

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy they all look fantastic ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many beautiful projects and finishes I'm sure your girls will love them, they look lovely and will be very handy. Great laundry bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful sewing happening at your place. You have used beautiful fabrics for the bags, and the Aussie Hero bags look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaylee your kitchen hand towels turned out great,you sure have been busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bath towel Supplier in USA

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...