Tuesday, October 29, 2013


Today I will share just a few photos of our trip to Airlie Beach, the first couple of photos I took are of cane fields along the way as we were driving, I am surprised they came out so well and not blurry.

Yay after driving over 1,000 klms we arrived at our destination.  We did it in two stages, the first stage was from Caboolture to Gladstone.  I caught the train after work on Thursday 3rd October to Caboolture and Stephen picked me up and we were off, we arrived in Gladstone at around 10.45pm.  We stayed the night with our daughter and left her place at 8.30am Friday morning 4th October. Rebecca and her boy friend followed us in their car, we were hoping to arrive at Airlie mid afternoon however Rebecca wanted to buy a dress for the Wedding - our main purpose going to Airlie was for my Niece's Wedding.  We stopped off at a shopping centre in Mackay for a couple of hours and finally arrived at Airlie Beach around 5.15pm. 

Every Saturday morning there are markets on the Esplanade, it was a great markets, I walked around by myself for a couple of hours, I bought some home made Rosella Jam which has all been consumed now. 

I also bought some lovely home made mango and passionfruit sorbet, it was so delicious.

After the markets we went for a drive to Shute Harbour which is a beautiful scenic area.
Saturday afternoon was the Wedding which was wonderful, I will do a post and share photos of the Wedding in the next few days.

We went fishing on Tuesday morning and my legs got so burnt, they are now peeling and I have been constantly rubbing cream into them.

We stayed at Airlie Cove Caravan Park and resort. It was a great spot, here is a photo of our little  cabin we stayed in for 5 nights.  The cabin is the white area in between the brown. It was tiny but very clean and enough for what we needed. There was a room with a bed and a TV and a bath room with a shower and a toilet. 

We set off from Airlie on Wednesday 9th October.  When we were kids my Maternal Grandmother lived in Mackay, as I don't know when we will be up this way again I wanted to do a drive by and take a photo.  It has been 38 years since I had been to this house and to Mackay and I directed Stephen to it like I had been there last week.  It looks a little different to 38 years ago but basically similar and brought back some great memories for me.

Continuing on our drive South to home we stopped off in Rockhampton, old home town for both of us as were both born and raised here.   This is my Mum's house, we stayed for two hours and had a chat and a cup of tea.

We drove as far as Gladstone on our first leg towards home arriving about 5.30pm, our daughter was home from work, we went out to dinner and stayed the night.  These two gorgeous animals are my daughter's fur babies,  the black dog is Kendrick he is 8 months old and the brown dog is Nala she is near 4 months old. 

We set off again on Thursday 10th October around 8.15am when Rebecca left for work, we drove to Narangba north of Brisbane where our daughter Kate lives and stayed the night with her.  We finally arrived home at the Tweed around 9am on Friday 11th October after doing 2,700 klms. It was a wonderful week, keep an eye out in the next few days for the Wedding photos.



  1. Sounds like you had a lovely trip Kaylee. Sharyn:)

  2. Glad to read you had such a great time Kaylee - and great pics too x


JAPAN 2018 - PART 6

The next part of our journey sees us travelling from Kanazawa over to Osaka for a week. Day 10 - Saturday 7th April, 2018 We arrived at ...