I have been working on a new quilt for an Aussies Hero, his request was for an Aussie theme, I got out all of my Aussie themed fabric I could find and also appliqued some Kangaroos, I hope he will like it. I started it before Christmas and finished the quilt top while I was on Christmas/New Year annual leave. Two weekends ago I sandwiched it together ready for the quilting.
Last weekend I managed to complete the machine quilting on the quilt, this is the very first time for me to do some "stippling" on a quilt, ummm I think I need a lot more practice, although I was getting the hang of it by the time I finished... I only did the stippling on the cream back ground fabric I used for the Applique Kangaroos.
I will be machine binding the quilt this weekend, I opt to machine bind all of the quilts for our Aussie Heroes as it's a much sturdier method plus it's a much quicker method as well - I need to post the quilt next week as it will be travelling quite a distance - Kandahar. I am hoping it reaches it's destination while it is still winter so our hero gets some good use out of it.