Wednesday, January 15, 2014

LATEST QUILT AND MACHINE QUILTING


 
I have been working on a new quilt for an Aussies Hero, his request was for an Aussie theme, I got out all of my Aussie themed fabric I could find and also appliqued some Kangaroos, I hope he will like it.  I started it before Christmas and finished the quilt top while I was on Christmas/New Year annual leave.  Two weekends ago I sandwiched it together ready for the quilting.
 
 

Last weekend I managed to complete the machine quilting on the quilt, this is the very first time for me to do some "stippling" on a quilt, ummm I think I need a lot more practice, although I was getting the hang of it by the time I finished... I only did the stippling on the cream back ground fabric I used for the Applique Kangaroos.


I will be machine binding the quilt this weekend, I opt to machine bind all of the quilts for our Aussie Heroes as it's a much sturdier method plus it's a much quicker method as well - I need to post the quilt next week as it will be travelling quite a distance - Kandahar. I am hoping it reaches it's destination while it is still winter so our hero gets some good use out of it.

Cheers
Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. It is great Kaylee and I am sure it will bring a lot of warmth and comfort. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stippling looks fine from here Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete

LAUNDRY BAGS AND DRESSES AND POPPIES

My craft efforts over the past few weeks have been these 2 laundry bags for our ADF, through Aussie Hero Quilts (and Laundry Bags) for sq...