Monday, August 18, 2014

BARGAINS

Last Wednesday was a Public Holiday in Brisbane for the Royal Brisbane Show aka The EKKA.  I made it a loooong weekend and took Thursday and Friday as annual leave days so I could get some extra things done at home as well as having a break from work. On Wednesday I went for a drive to Spotlight to see if I could pick up any bargains.  I managed to buy a single bed and double bed quilt cover sets for $5 each, I thought they'd come in real handy to make linings for the laundry bags so I didn't care what prints they were.
 

I managed to cut out 5 linings for with some left over pieces. I haven't cut out the double bed
one yet, I'm hoping to get at least 8 from the double bed set..
 

Here are the 5 bag linings which I sewed up on Friday just ready to make up some laundry bags.

 
 
 
Cheers
Kaylee





2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaylee the laundry bags look great and congrats on your letter and coin,my friend does the same as you and she received her letter and coin a couple of weeks ago,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major bargain there Kaylee, and they will be fantastic for linings :)

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...