Monday, December 8, 2014

QUILT READY TO GO

I added the binding to the latest Aussie Hero Quilt on the weekend, it's ready to go to it's recipient, a female sailor on HMAS Success.
 

This is the front with an Australian flag in the middle of the quilt.  I really enjoyed doing this "quilt as you go" method, a great way to use up scrap pieces of batting.


This is the back of the quilt, a single bed doona cover I purchased from Spotlight for $5 on their bargain table....  and I still have the other half of the doona cover for another quilt. Not sure if I mentioned it previously but I also made the bias binding strips in the quilt.


I also made a laundry bag, I have some of this fabric in the quilt.

Happy Monday everyone,
Cheers
Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. well done Kaylee ,beautiful finishes there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee the quilt looks amazing, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

    And wow the storm sure did give Brissy a bit ole shove - the trees do look sad but of course they'll bounce back. All those hours in the train - no wonder you were desperate to eat & have your Pepsi...

    Congrats to your Kate & her handsome fellow on their engagement! The sparkler is very pretty....
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely quilt for an Aussie girl. Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete