Monday, December 8, 2014

QUILT READY TO GO

I added the binding to the latest Aussie Hero Quilt on the weekend, it's ready to go to it's recipient, a female sailor on HMAS Success.
 

This is the front with an Australian flag in the middle of the quilt.  I really enjoyed doing this "quilt as you go" method, a great way to use up scrap pieces of batting.


This is the back of the quilt, a single bed doona cover I purchased from Spotlight for $5 on their bargain table....  and I still have the other half of the doona cover for another quilt. Not sure if I mentioned it previously but I also made the bias binding strips in the quilt.


I also made a laundry bag, I have some of this fabric in the quilt.

Happy Monday everyone,
Cheers
Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. well done Kaylee ,beautiful finishes there.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee the quilt looks amazing, I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.

    And wow the storm sure did give Brissy a bit ole shove - the trees do look sad but of course they'll bounce back. All those hours in the train - no wonder you were desperate to eat & have your Pepsi...

    Congrats to your Kate & her handsome fellow on their engagement! The sparkler is very pretty....
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely quilt for an Aussie girl. Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...