Thursday, January 30, 2014

AUSTRALIA DAY WEEKEND

Australia Day 2014 is now behind us. We had a lovely "out of the blue" surprise visit Saturday lunch time, my gorgeous daughter Kate and her friend Karly, they stayed the night and left mid morning Australia Day.  The guys went camping, as it was raining the girls didn't want to go camping in the rain - wise girls, they visited us instead so I was very happy with that.
 

 
In the afternoon when they left I sat at my sewing machine and made up 2 Poppy blocks for Aussie Hero Quilts (and Laundry Bags).  I also have another 4 cut out ready to be sewn. If you follow the link you will see what is being done with these blocks. 
 

I also made an Aussie damper, we ate it warm out of the oven with butter, it was so delicious. 


Cheers
Kaylee

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day and your damper looks delicious. The poppy blocks are so lovely x

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...