Thursday, September 5, 2013

REBECCA'S 21ST MEMORY QUILT


As a special 21st birthday gift from me, I made Rebecca a memory quilt, this is the finished quilt.
 

This is the message in the middle of the quilt.


This quilt took me MANY, MANY, MANY hours as I had to start from selecting photos over the 21 years and most of the photos are pre digital so I had to scan them and crop them and format them to print at a certain size before printing them onto "printable fabric".  The next step was to cut out all the fabric photos and then choose the fabric. All the blocks are 6" x 6", so it was time consuming working out how much fabric to use on the sides and the top and bottom of the photos. Rebecca wanted reds so I selected fabrics in pinks and reds and also used some yellow fabric with red to use as a contrast. 


It was also very time consuming making the "in between" blocks of red and cream fabric.


I am very happy with the end result and Rebecca loves it as well, phew I am so glad, she even had some tears in her eyes reading the message on the quilt.
I am happy I only have 2 children, no more memory quilts, yay.......

Cheers
Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kaylee - this is an amazing gift of love! I can see there's a lot of work in it, & all those gorgeous pics on it... you have created a family heirloom, my friend, well done, it's just magnificent. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks amazing Kaylee. Lots of love went into that quilt. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...