Wednesday, June 12, 2013

LONG WEEKEND SEWING


I am making another quilt for an Aussie Hero, this time I am making a Star block quilt, I made 15 star blocks on the weekend and last night I sewed the rows together, there are 5 rows of 3 star blocks. I am still thinking about the border, maybe a red, what do you think ?


I also managed to make some more bias binding, only this time it was much quicker than my previous bias binding making. I checked out some you tubes last week and found a quicker and easier way to cut the binding. Plus I invested in a "Bias Binding Making" tool last week, Lincraft had a 30% off store wide sale so I decided to see if they sold the bias binding making tools and they do, plus an extra bonus they had only one size - the size I wanted, it only cost $5.80 with the discount. This tool saved me soooo much time when ironing the bias binding. So happy ..... and more bias binding to add to my stash.


Cheers
Kaylee

2 comments:

  1. looking fantastic kaylee.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those delicious stars, and a great buy at Lincraft! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete